Australia’s cable specialists
For reliable cable installation for residential, commercial and industrial projects in Australia, get in touch with Powermac. Our high quality, safety tested cables are customisable to suit your project specifications.
Below you will find some of our most commonly asked questions. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please email a question to us at the bottom of the page. We should get back you within one business day.
What payment methods do we accept?
Our bank: Commonwealth Bank
- Account Name: Powermac Cables Australia P/L
- Bank: Commonwealth Bank
- Bank Number: 064 483
- Account Number: 10127117
- Visa/MasterCard - no surcharge
- AMEX 2.25 % + GST surcharge
Why are there cutting fees?
Purchasing cable in 100 and 500 metre lengths (pre-cut, off the shelf) gives Powermac has the ability to offer our cable at competitive prices, as operating costs are greatly reduced. When customised cable lengths are requested (particularly many cable cuts), additional services have to be added to the consignment, hence a cable cutting fee is charged.
- Most off cuts (amounting to $100K plus) remain dormant in our warehouse for years and are most likely scrapped, leading to losses
- Administrating cable drum purchases, scraping records and stock discrepancies
- Empty spool purchases
- Logistic costs
- Labour costs
- Cutting fee: $50.00 + GST will be charged on all cut lengths
- Depending upon the product range, 100 metre and 500 metre drums do not incur a cutting fee – please enquire to find out more
- Most flexible cables do not incur a cutting fee – please enquire to find out more
Where do we deliver?
Partnering with the largest freight forwarders in the country, Powermac has the scope to make deliveries anywhere in Australia. As cable drums are heavy obscure products, we highly recommend having a forklift at both pickup and drop off locations. If forklifts are unavailable, this usually results in a higher logistic cost beared by the purchasing party.
What are you hours?
- ** Closed All Public Holidays
Is Powermac’s cable UV-resistant?
As it is not a requirement under specification AS 5000.1, not all cables stocked by Powermac are UV Resistant. As for cables that are UV-Resistant, the cable contains carbon, and hence is UV rated. Due to harsh Australian conditions the sheath will fade over time, but will be electrically sound. If your project requires UV-Resistant cables, please confirm your order with Powermac before tendering/purchasing.
Does Powermac purchase empty drums back?
Yes we do, providing the cable drum is in good condition and can be reused. The most popular cable drums we like to purchase are between 40-100cm diameter flanges (circle part of the cable drum). Generally speaking, very large cable drums (flange: 120cm+) and very small cable drums (flange: 25cm and less), Powermac will most likely not purchase. Pricing and decisions are usually made at the discretion of our warehouse manager.
- Powermac reserves the right not to accept cable drums from any buyer
- Powermac does not have an obligation to collect empty drums after a project/job is complete
- Empty drums must be discarded at purchasers cost